Display/ Modular Stands
If you do not plan to construct a stand but utilise a “pop up” structure as a backdrop, all stand regulations still apply to your stand. You are required to submit a Stand Plan, Risk Assessment and Method Statement.
No carpet is provided for Space Only sites. Appropriate floor covering e.g., carpet, non-slip, easily cleanable floor covering in food preparation areas. Floorcovering can be ordered from Sunyau Expo Pte Lted using the Floorcovering Order Form. The deadline is Tuesday 10 May 2022 orders received after this date may incur a 30% surcharge.
Whoever is responsible for laying the carpet down to the hall floor must ensure that an acceptable carpet tape is used and that all carpet and carpet tape is removed from the hall along with all other stand fitting material at the end of the exhibition. Failure to do so will result in a dilapidation charge of S$35.00 per linear metre.
If a large number of services (water & waste, gas, electrics, etc.) are required, the Organisers recommend the use of a platform. Please contact Sunyau Expo Pte Ltd direct for a quotation.
- The minimum height for walls on space only stands is 2.5m.
- The maximum height for walls on Space Only stands is 4m.
- Double Decker stands are not permitted at the show.
Work outside the published timetable will not be allowed. The only exception being if a circumstance arises outside of your control, permission must be gained by the Organisers and any costs to extend the hall hours will be passed on. Please make sure you / your contractor completes the build and interior decorating within the published timetable.
Materials for Stand Fitting & Decoration
There are strict regulations governing the materials used in the construction and decoration of stands and in the demonstration of products.
All stands will be inspected during the build-up and the Organisers may remove any offending fittings or materials or close down a stand if it does not comply with fire regulations. You should draw these requirements to the attention of your contractors.
- Decorative materials used for stand dressing must be flame proofed or purchased already treated by use of the appropriate chemical.
- Artificial flowers and plants are highly flammable and give off toxic fumes and must not be used for stand dressing.
- Gangways must be kept clear and free from exhibits, stand dressing, furniture etc. at all times during the open period of the exhibition.
- Offending items are liable without warning to be removed. No empty packing cases may be stored on, around or behind your stand, as this constitutes a fire hazard.
Permission to Build
All Space Only exhibitors are required to submit copies of their stand drawings for approval to the Organisers ASAP but latest before Friday 29 April 2022. These should be emailed to Ms Kayleigh Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you must receive confirmation from Kayleigh that the stand build has been approved otherwise the stand will not be allowed onsite to build.
Plans should include:
- A ground plan and elevation drawing
- All dimensions, which should be to a recognised scale (e.g. 1:20, 1:25, 1:50, 1:100)
- Building materials to be used
- The name, address and telephone number of the exhibitor, contractor or designer submitting the plans.
- Suitable and sufficient Risk Assessment and Method Statement for the construction and dismantling of the stand. An amendment to fire safety legislation requests all companies to undertake a fire assessment also. As such, please ensure your Risk Assessment covers precautionary measures that will be taken during build-up, when working within a hazardous environment such as welding, toxic or flammable substances, etc. (Please note that the exhibitor must fill out an additional risk assessment for the opening period of the show)
It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure that any contractor working on their behalf is briefed and ready to comply with this date. The design of the stands must be such that it can be safely erected and dismantled in the limited time available.
Sunyau Expo Pte Ltd, our stand builders, are organising the refundable performance bond for the show. This means that all Space Only/ Raw Space stands must complete the Performance Bond Form and return by deadline Tuesday 10 May 2022 via email to Sunyau Expo Pte Ltd on SFFA2022@sunyauexpo.com.sg.
This form ensures that contractors adhere to the rules and regulations within this manual. Should any damages to the venue caused by the raw space stand, only then will the Performance Bond amount be deducted.
Before the approved nominated stand contractor is permitted to start work in-hall, he must lodge a refundable deposit of SGD50/sqm per stand, subject to a minimum of SGD500 and maximum SGD5,000 per stand. This serves as a performance bond as well as a damage and rubbish clearance deposit. The Organiser reserves the right to increase this maximum limit on any exhibitor and their nominated stand contractor who had previously performed or behaved unsatisfactorily, without having to assign any reasons. The nominated stand contractor is also required to sign an undertaking to guarantee conduct and behaviour, follow proper schedule of works and observe the Exhibition and venue regulations.
All monies must be lodged in local (Singapore) cheques or cashier’s orders. Please note that any bank charges, levies or exchange rate differences will be deducted accordingly from the deposit. Contractors will also have to bear any charges levied by the Venue Owner for damages caused to their property and/or flooring. The deposit shall be returned in full to the contractor within 6 weeks after the fair only if the space is deemed as clean and clear of all rubbish and litter, with no damage and whatsoever caused (including any damage to the allocated space or any part of the venue building). Sunyau has been appointed by the Organiser to collect all deposits on behalf, please attention all monies payable to ‘Sunyau Expo Pte Ltd’.
For advice and a quotation please contact:
Sunyau Expo Pte Ltd
T: +65 6266 6728
If platforms are used, you must incorporate a ramp into any platform so that customers can be served on the stand and not from the gangway. If you are having a ramp, please contact Ms Kayleigh Williams at Kayleigh.email@example.com for further regulations.
Please complete the Contractor Nomination Form as soon as possible but by no later than Friday 1 April 2022. We will then liaise with them regarding any information required. If you have not yet appointed a stand contractor, you can approach Sunyau Expo Pte Ltd on SFFA2022@sunyauexpo.com.sg for a quote.
Water & Drainage
Please order your requirement using the Water and Drainage Order Form or contact Sunyau Expo Pte Ltd. The deadline date for this order form is Tuesday 10 May 2022, orders received after this date will incur a 30% surcharge.
Exhibitors who are using piped services are advised to build a platform on their stand to cover unsightly pipes and connections, and also to avoid potential hazards.
To locate the position of your nearest duct, please contact the Organisers’ - Ms Kayleigh Williams at Kayleigh.firstname.lastname@example.org to request a ‘Duct Plan’.